To secure your Facebook account more and having a extra security level is a must today. To have this, you have to use Facebook's "Code Generator" setting.
What is a "Code Generator" ?
Code Generator is part of the Facebook app. When you set it , it creates a unique and different login code every 30 seconds, even if your internet is not working or you are not connected to net. For this code generator to work for your Facebook account, you should have "Login Approvals" turned on.
You can set Code generators for your Facebook app in iPhone or Android .
For iPhone users:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Tap "More"
- Scroll down and tap "Code Generator"
- Do accordingly as instructed
- Collect and save your code
Same steps can be followed for Android users too.
From PC when you want to set the "Code Generator", then follow the steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to "Account Settings"
- Select the tab "Security"
- Now click on "Edit" option of the "Code Generator"
- Click "Enable" for generating code for Android or iPhone
- Follow the instructions below
- Then when your Code is generated , click "Continue" on PC
- Then "Test Code Generator" box appears where you have to enter the code sent to your mobile device.
Now when you log in to your Facebook account from any device, just tap "Code Generator" and get your code.
This is how you can enable your highest security level for your Facebook account in Android or iPhone.